Thank you for registering to participate in Manufacturing Miles, an exciting initiative hosted by the Illinois Manufacturers’ Association and BlueCross and BlueShield of Illinois.
Manufacturing Miles is a fun way to bring your team together, foster a bit of friendly competition, and encourage company-wide health and wellness. Whether it’s walking, running, biking, swimming, or any other form of exercise that can be measured in miles, we’re encouraging manufacturers to create company teams and exercise however they can! We will also be providing additional health and wellness tips in our communications and on the Manufacturing Miles website.
The competition runs from April 4, 2022 to October 14, 2022. The top scoring teams will be recognized at the Annual Luncheon this December, and prizes will also be given out to individuals who meet ‘milestones’: 350 miles, 550 miles, and 1,000 miles.
How To Track Your Miles:
- Use the Health App on your iPhone or Google Fit for Androids
- Track via Smartwatch or Fitness Band
- Download “Strava” App free to your phone
- Pedometer (available at most dollar stores)
Logging Your Miles:
- Each week, you will be sent an email reminder to log your miles.
- Please remember to log your miles each week! We will send you a reminder email every Monday. If you forget to log your miles, just add that week’s miles to the next week and log it then.
Have Some Fun!
- Encourage your coworkers to join and send them this link to register for the competition.
- Take photos of yourself and/or others putting in their miles – you could be featured in an IMA email communication or social media post!
- Be sure to log your miles every week and check the leader boards every Friday in the Morning Digest to see where your team stands!
We are here to help! Contact us if you have any questions.