The IMA is excited to host its Third Annual DC Fly-In, a series of virtual meetings via Zoom with Illinois’ US Senators, Members of Congress, and the National Association of Manufacturers. The focus of this event is to discuss federal policies that directly and indirectly impact our local and state economies. In 2019 we inaugurated the Annual DC Fly-in with in-person meetings in Washington, DC, but the Federal buildings continue to have restricted access this year, requiring this year’s Fly-In to be virtual.
Topics for discussion will include workforce, tax reform, regulatory relief, energy, health care, infrastructure investment, trade, and immigration.
Here is the current agenda:
Tuesday, September 21, 2021 (all times Central):
- 1:30 PM: Ben Rhodeside, Legislative Director for Senator Tammy Duckworth
- 2:00 PM: Representative Cheri Bustos
- 2:30 PM: Mia Keeys, Chief of Staff for Congresswoman Robin Kelly
- 3:00 PM: Workforce Policy Discussion with Gardner Carrick, Vice President Strategic Initiatives for The Manufacturing Institute, and Sarah Hartwick, the IMA’s VP of Education and Workforce Policy
- 4:000 PM: Senator Richard Durbin
Wednesday, September 22, 2021 (all time Central):
- 8:00 AM: Representative Darin LaHood
- 8:30 AM: Representative Raja Krishnamoorthi
- 9:30 AM: Representative Rodney Davis
Sessions may be added or adjusted as necessary. It’s not too late to register for this informative event. Registrants are free to join for some or all of the sessions.