On Thursday, October 8, 2020, the IMA is hosting its Second Annual DC Fly-In, a series of virtual meetings via Zoom with Illinois Senators, Members of Congress, the National Association of Manufacturers, and administration representatives, to discuss federal policies that directly and indirectly impact our local and state economies. Topics for discussion include tax reform, regulatory relief, energy, health care, infrastructure investment, trade, and immigration. Sessions will begin at 9:00 AM and will continue until 4:30 PM, with a break for lunch. Participants can join for all, some, or just one of the sessions throughout the day.
The IMA is excited to announce our keynote speaker will be House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy. Congressman Kevin McCarthy proudly serves California’s 23rd district and is currently the Republican Leader in the U.S. House of Representatives. Kevin was first elected to Congress in 2006 and quickly became Chief Deputy Whip and later served as Majority Whip.
Our confirmed agenda of sessions is (all Central Time):
- 9:00 AM: Congressman Rodney Davis
- 9:45 AM: Senator Dick Durbin
- 10:30 AM: Ricklef Beutin, Deputy Chief of Mission, Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 11:00 AM: Trevor Rueschel, Legislative Director for Congresswoman Cheri Bustos
- 11:30 AM: Congressman John Shimkus
- 12:00 PM: Lunch Break
- 12:45 PM: Senator Tammy Duckworth
- 1:15 PM: Jay Timmons, President & CEO of the National Association of Manufacturers
- 2:00 PM: Congressman Darin LaHood
- 2:30 PM: TBD
- 3:00 PM: Congressman Mike Bost
- 3:30 PM: House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy
Sessions may be added or adjusted as necessary. We will send the Zoom meeting link to all registered participants.
To register, please complete the form below.