by Tressi L. Cordado
Jackson Lewis P.C. is an IMA Member
OSHA recently announced that the compliance date for “specific ancillary requirements of the general industry beryllium standard” would be extended to December 12, 2018. At this time, OSHA is preparing a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking designed to clarify these provisions as well as addressing employers’ concerns with compliance.
Compliance Date Extended until December 12, 2018
The compliance date for the requirements listed below has been extended until December 12, 2018.
- Provisions related to methods of compliance
- Beryllium work areas
- Regulated areas
- Personal protective clothing and equipment
- Hygiene areas and practices
- Communication of Hazards
NOT subject to the Compliance Extension
- New Permissible Exposure Limits (PELs) for general industry, construction, and shipyards
- General industry provisions enforceable as of May 11, 2018:
- exposure assessment
- respiratory protection
- medical surveillance
- medical removal
- Provisions on change rooms and showers (March 11, 2019 compliance date)
- Implementation of engineering controls (March 10, 2020 compliance date)
To view the original article, click here.