- Saves Employee Money: On average, group legal plan members pay less than $250 a year for unlimited use of the legal plan for covered matters, which is significantly less than the cost of seeing an attorney just once for most legal matters.
- Provides Easy to Access Attorneys: 80% said that it was easy to access services and that they had a successful outcome from using the legal plan. 93% or more of those enrolled in a legal plan expressed satisfaction with the quality of attorneys.
- Allows Them to Prepare for the Future: 52% said they did not have a will or power of attorney. A legal plan gives members access to attorneys to draft all of the documents individuals need to protect their assets and family.
- Provides Stress Relief: 73% of those who are enrolled in a legal plan said that they are prepared for unforeseen events. 82% said they worry less about unexpected financial issues because of their employer benefits.
- Less Unexpected Time Away from Work: 31% of those ages 21-34 and 14% of those ages 35-49 had taken time off of work to deal with legal issues. A legal plan provides access to attorneys that can draft legal documents, and in many cases, attend hearings or make court appearances so individuals don’t have to miss work.
*All statistical information comes from the Harris Poll study conducted on behalf of Hyatt Legal Plans, Improving Employee Wellness through Legal Benefits.