Prairie Farms is an IMA member….
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
- Fry bacon in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add butter to bacon drippings, if necessary, to make 3 tablespoons.
- Add celery, potatoes, onion and carrot. Sauté, stirring constantly, until onion and celery are tender.
- Stir in flour until well incorporated.
- Add chicken broth and seasoning or seasoned salt, stirring to blend well. Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Cover and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add the chicken and corn; simmer for 7 minutes longer, until vegetables are tender.
- Add half-and half and tomatoes.
- Heat through and taste. Add salt and pepper, as needed.
Click here to view the original recipe.