Thrusday, June 2, 2016, at 11:00 am CDT — from NAM’s Manufacturers’ Center for Legal Action
The U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division recently announced the final changes to the regulations that govern the white collar overtime exemptions.
The final rule:
• Sets the minimum salary level for exemption at $47,476 ($913/week) and the salary level for the highly compensated test at $134,004
• Provides for automatic increases in the salary levels after three years (beginning Jan. 1, 2020), indexed to the 40th percentile of full time salary workers in the lowest wage Census region (currently the South region)
• Allows employers to count any bonuses paid on at least a quarterly basis toward 10% of the minimum salary level
• Did not revise the duties test
• Set an implementation date of December 1, 2016, providing nearly 200 days for employers to be in compliance with the new requirements
On Thursday, June 2, at 11:00 a.m. CDT, join the NAM’s MCI Labor and Littler Mendelson, P.C. for this complimentary webinar that will provide detailed guidance on the regulations and practical steps on how employers can respond to these changes.
For more information please contact Pam Roper at (202) 637-3113 or firstname.lastname@example.org